|Start auction||£0.00||21/12/2020 17:00:00|
CHARITY AUCTION: MIURA BOOK No. 1 FOR RACE AGAINST DEMENTIA
Winning Bid: £29,100.00
Your chance to own Miura Book No. 1, presented in a bespoke gold slipcase and signed by Sir Jackie Stewart with all proceeds to benefit Race Against Dementia.
Throughout Jackie’s career his wife Helen has always been at his side. Today, Jackie is supporting her as she, along with 50 million people around the world, battles dementia. A new person develops dementia every three seconds. The Race Against Dementia charity (RAD), founded by Jackie, is driven to raise money to fund breakthrough and innovative dementia research.
This 6kg definitive reference work on the world’s first supercar was limited to 762 numbered copies and sold out in six days flat. It is now trading on the open market at a multiple of its launch price, so this is a chance to not only own the very first copy, but also play a part in fighting for a worthy cause. Jackie will also host the winning bidder for a private lunch at his home when he will dedicate the book personally to the bidder.
Winning Bid: £29,100.00
This auction is ended
The Lamborghini Miura Book – a limited edition of 762 copies
- Limited edition of 762 copies
- Many previously unseen photographs
- The result of nearly two decades of research
- Interviews with all the men behind the Miura
- Nine appendices
In 1962 Ferruccio Lamborghini was a successful businessman best known for making tractors. Few had heard of him outside his native Italy. Four years later he was a motor manufacturer and an international celebrity. He had created the world’s most dramatic motor car – the legendary Miura, still a dream car over half a century later.
This is the history of one of the most extraordinary cars of our time, told by the people who designed it, who built it, who lived it. The fruit of more than ten years of work, and based on countless in-depth interviews, The Lamborghini Miura Book unravels the myths and tells the true story for the first time.
From the conception of the car to its demise, every aspect of the Miura’s life is studied, including the one-offs such as the track-bred Jota and the open-top roadster. There’s also a detailed look at the colourful world of Miura owners, and at the Miura’s many roles on the silver screen, plus a fascinating appraisal of the car by leading designers Peter Stevens and Gordon Murray.
Painstakingly researched and elegantly written by Simon Kidston and award-winning motoring historian Jon Pressnell, designed by renowned graphic artist Julian Balme, and supervised by Emanuele Collo and Steve Wakefield, this is the definitive book on the definitive supercar. Lavishly illustrated and printed on the finest paper, it is as much a joy to look at as to read.
Supported by the unparalleled experience and knowledge of Miura experts at Kidston, The Lamborghini Miura Book is the manuscript every motoring enthusiast should have at their fingertips.
- Ferruccio Lamborghini – by those who knew him
- The men behind the Miura
- The design story – who styled the Miura?
- Ubaldo Sgarzi – the man who never said ‘no’
- How the Miura was built
- Racing the Miura
- The Jota – and how it met its end
- The mystery of the 500th Miura
- The ‘super-Miura’ SVJs
- Miura owners – from Rod to royalty
- A triple World Champion drives the Miura
- Nine expansive appendices that comprise: the Miura in film (including The Italian Job); Miura toys and models; evolution in production, changes in specification; colours; contemporary road tests; the influence of the Miura; the Miura in the US; performance data and period comparisons; a guide to owning and running a Miura
320 x 275 x 125mm